Mock Interview Reflection

How do you feel the interview went overall?
Overall, I think that the interview went well. I felt prepared in the sense that I had thought out answers to basic interview questions, and I did not think that I sounded "scripted." 

How did you prepare for the interview?
To prepare for the interview, I reviewed my notes from an interview I had just a couple months ago for a mental health fieldwork. For this interview I had reflected on my strengths, weaknesses, valuable lessons from my graduate education, and experiences in the field. In addition, I read through AOTA's "Best Answers to the 11 Most Difficult Interview Questions" which helped to prompt my thought process about responses to potential questions. The AOTA article can be found here: https://www.aota.org/Education-Careers/Students/Pulse/Archive/job-search/interview.aspx 

What went differently than you expected?
The interview went much more quickly than I expected. I also felt more comfortable than I expected. 

What's something you would change if you could go through this process again (or something you'll do differently when you're in a real-life interview situation)?
If I could change something/ in a real life interview, I would like for it to be more conversational than it was. It feels less natural and both parties don't get to know each other as well if it's simply a question and answer format. This is hard because it's mostly in the interviewer's control. However, as an interviewee you can make an effort to ask questions etc. 

What's something you learned during this process that may be helpful to you as you prepare to enter the workforce as an OT practitioner?
Through feedback from the interviewer and watching my partner interview, I learned the importance of including personal information. When you share about personal experiences and values, the interviewers get a better feel for who you are. However, it is important to remember that there is a happy medium between sharing personal information and remaining professional. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OT 633: Driving & Community Mobility Guest Lecturer

OT 633 Guest Lecture: Aging & Sexual Health